Value In PreschoolScholarship Program
Research shows that children who attend a quality preschool are more likely to succeed when entering kindergarten and beyond. The benefits of preschool include improved reading and math scores, reduced need for special education, fewer grade retentions and increased high school graduation rates.
Funded by First 5 Sonoma County, VIP is a preschool scholarship program with two main objectives:
- To give low-income children an opportunity to attend a high-quality preschool program.
- To support quality preschool programs, in center settings and in licensed family child care homes, to objectively establish and to increase the quality of their program.
This approach benefits our community on multiple levels:
- Families who otherwise cannot afford it, get an opportunity of a quality preschool for their children.
- Participating child care providers--who have met VIP standards--establish their program as a high-quality preschool to the greater community AND add tuition-paid children to their roster.
- Sonoma County takes steps to participate in statewide efforts of standardizing and improving the quality of early learning.
- Our entire community has a higher number of children ready to succeed in kindergarten, in school, and in life.
There will be between 20 and 30 preschool-age children starting preschool in August, ready for Kindergarten for next year, thanks to Value in Preschool!Now accepting applications for providers in Rohnert Park-Cotati! Click here for more information.
To become a Value in Preschool Provider:
Click here for: VIP BrochureFor more information contact:
Lilly Watters, Program Manager, (707) 522-1413 ext. 133