4Cs commitment to young children and belief in quality early education is displayed through our preschools throughout Sonoma County.
4Cs Program Philosophy
4Cs recognizes that experiences in the first five years of a child’s life are crucial to promote healthy brain development, form healthy attachment relationships, a positive sense of self, and a thirst for learning.
It is 4Cs intent to provide a supportive learning environment for young children that promotes each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development, while responding to the needs of children and their families.
4Cs believes that:
- Children learn and develop through play.
- All children are entitled to a safe environment.
- Children grow and develop through interactions with warm, caring, and nurturing adults.
- A positive self-image enhances a child’s development.
- Parents are the primary teachers of their children.
- Parent education offers families the opportunity to grow and develop.
- Collaborative communication and cooperation between parents and staff is essential to build relationships that support the child.
- Community cultures and values are respected and celebrated.
Additionally children under three years old:
- Need a relationship to a primary caregiver to develop a positive sense of self and belonging.
- Learn through their senses, trial and error, repetition, imitation, and identification.
Download the January 23-27 Preschool Activities Calendar | Calendario de Actividades Preescolare
4Cs Preschools have a play-based constructivist approach to early childhood education. Incorporating the CA Department of Education Preschool Foundations and Learning Frameworks, curriculum is designed to spark children’s interests and curiosity, promoting in-depth exploration and learning.
Teachers guide children’s engagement in the classroom, integrating language, literacy, art, music, dramatic play, science, and math throughout the day. Children also learn essential social skills, like communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
4Cs preschools provide hands-on, process oriented activities, inviting children’s wonder and curiosity both indoors and out. 4Cs is committed to the success of the children in our community and to building a foundation of learning for school readiness, future leadership and accomplishment.
4Cs centers offer a 1:8 staff to child ratio for children ages 3-5 years and a 1:4 staff to child ratio ages 2-3 years.