The mission of the Community Child Care Council is to inspire our community to support the well-being of every child and to improve the quality and availability of child care in Sonoma County.
Principles & Values
- We take pride in our work and our commitment to and responsibility for the children and families we serve.
- We support diversity and cultural competence among staff, in curriculum, and in our office practices.
- We strive to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in supportive relationships with each other and clients.
- We believe in fostering an atmosphere of mutual respect, open communication and cooperation.
- We strive to practice healthy boundaries, separating work values, and balance these qualities with compassion, mutual support and flexibility.
- We recognize initiative, self-discipline and positive attitudes as leadership qualities, and strive to foster these qualities among all staff.
What Best Supports Children and Caregivers of Children:
- Quality child care programs that use developmentally and culturally appropriate practices.
- A client centered approach that strives to keep environments “child and family friendly.”
- Keeping our focus on the best interests of the child.
- Believing that parents do their best to guide their children.
- Helping families to identify “touchpoints” in a child’s or parent’s life.
- Encouraging staff and families to make use of the variety of written and professional resources available on best practices in child care and development programs.
- A diverse community of people with a variety of gifts working together to fulfill our mission.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sonoma4c/public_html/wp-content/themes/sonoma4cs/event-widget.php on line 31