Are you interested in starting your own business? Do you love working with children? 4Cs has staff, FREE training, material and financial incentives to support you in the process of receiving your child care license. We’re here to guide you through the licensing process.
Becoming a licensed provider (family child care or center) can mean greater business development, access to increased referrals, ability to participate in additional professional trainings, eligibility for reimbursements, such as the Child Health and Nutrition Program, and potentially the ability to increase your income.
Training topics include how to build a thriving licensed family child care business (working with families, creating a safe and healthy environment for the children in your home, creating nutritious meals, and self-care techniques), Trauma-Informed Care Practices, Tax workshops, and more.
For information, training and support for becoming a licensed child care provider, contact:
Family Child Care Training and Information
- Sheila Whipple
(707) 522-1413 ext. 156
- Conny Lucia
(707) 522-1413 ext. 118
Child Care Center Licensing Information
Community Care Licensing
Community Care Licensing is a division of the California Department of Social Services and is the state agency that grants licenses and monitors providers. Whether you want to open a licensed family child care home or center, many of the steps are the same. The differences will be explained in the licensing orientation as well as the application process itself. For more detailed information on regulations, please refer to Title 22 for Centers and Title 22 for Family Child Care.
- Application process (good for both center and FCC)
- Link for Title 22 for centers
- Link for Title 22 for Family Child Care
- Attend orientation
- One person must be on site at all times who has registered and completed 8 hours of Pediatric CPR/First Aid and 8 hours of Preventative Health and Safety training.
- Every adult working or volunteering in a licensed facility, or living in a licensed family child care home, must pass a background check through Livescan (Read about the process and associated fees/download the Form)